Cucumber Catering support the biggest social care providers in the country with experienced, professional Chef’s and catering staff of all levels, and currently have a vacancy for a Chef in Skegness.
Driver preferred but not essential.
If you care about work you do, have a professional, reliable approach, with experience in a catering environment we would like you to be part of our team.
At Cucumber Catering, we offer a wide range of temporary vacancies to satisfy the ever-changing demands of the Care sector giving you the opportunity and flexibility to choose the location and hours suitable to you, and at some of the best hourly rates.
Our candidates are core to our business and although the vacancies we offer may be temporary, we want you to stick with us!
- Shift times – Typical hours 7:30am- 5:30pm
- Whilst an enhanced DBS is required to work in a care home, it is not essential to have one before you apply for this position. We can review this with you
- Qualifications required – Level 2 food safety desirable but training can be provided
- Promote a flexible, committed and organised approach to all aspects of work
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential, due to catering for modified/textured diets
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, inline with agreed budget
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to cooperate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget
- Being aware of people’s religious and cultural backgrounds and how this might impact on their dietary requirements
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family,visitors and colleagues.
- Monitoring kitchen stocks and ordering supplies
- Gain experience in a care home kitchen setting
- Flexibility on shifts
- Competitive rates of pay
- Friendly team and great support network of internal professionals
- Contributory pension scheme
If you want to make a difference, join us at Cucumber Catering and APPLY NOW